The Africa Hotel & Leisure Show is a business meeting focused on hotel and mixed-use property investment in sub-Saharan Africa. At a time of burgeoning growth, this event brings government and industry stakeholders together to survey the market’s rapid development and emerging trends.
The Show provides a forum for sharing the latest market intelligence, for analysing policy and commercial challenges, and exploring the best ways to realise the huge investment potentials.
Delegates to the Africa Hotel & Leisure Show will enjoy quality networking with key people of influence in the hotel investment and mixed-use development sectors.
Did You Know?
- The rate of hotel development in Africa is the fastest in the world. In 2014 alone 142 hotel deals were signed – a jump of more than 84 per cent compared with 2010, when 77 developments were approved.
- Branded hotel chains are planning 40,000 new rooms in 200 developments, involving an estimated investment of $8-10 billion.
- West Africa has the largest hotel pipeline with more than a third of the branded developments planned. At least 49 new hotels, with nearly 7,500 rooms, are scheduled to open by 2017.
- Business travel is helping to drive demand for high-quality accommodation across the region. Travellers on business account for 55 per cent of all international arrivals.
- Investment in boutique hotels, resorts and independent hotels is also buoyant, and there is significant scope for raising the standard of smaller hotels and guest houses that have entered the market.
- Exclusive keynote presentations
- Government and industry leaders round table
- Cross industry panel discussions with Q&A sessions
- Multiple networking opportunities
- Product exhibition